We are always looking for talented individuals to join our award-winning team of experienced professionals. Resumés and inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
San Antonio Office
Accounting and Human Resource Manager
Description: The position is responsible for all of the accounting, financial reporting and human resource functions of the company. The position requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and a knowledge of detailed accounting and human resource functions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process and pay all vendor invoices.
- Process and record all cash receipts.
- Process semi-monthly and special payrolls.
- Billing of all projects on a monthly basis.
- Collection of accounts receivable.
- Manage cash position of company.
- Complete and file quarterly and annual payroll tax reports and W-2’s.
- Prepare year end reports used for tax planning.
- Close each month end, including balancing all balance sheet accounts.
- Produce monthly financial reports for managing partner.
- Produce quarterly financial reports for all partners.
- Close year end and prepare financial information for preparation of partnership tax return by CPA firm.
- Prepare year-end tax planning schedules for the managing partner and the CPA firm to use in determining partnership annual income.
- Special reports as required by partners or outside interests.
- Process forms for new employees and exit paperwork for terminating employees.
- Participate in the benefits renewal process on an annual basis.
- Communicate changes to employees and gather all forms necessary to make employee changes.
- Maintain all employment forms required by governmental entities and by the company.
- Stay abreast of changes affecting HR for the company.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with five years minimum experience
- Good time management, communication, decision making and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of Deltek Vision accounting software preferred
- Excellent knowledge Microsoft Office Suite software required
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare financial reports and resolve issues in a creative and effective manner.
- Spanish speaking a plus
Project Manager (Civil)
- Includes technical direction over a group of civil engineers and/or functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing advanced civil engineering concepts
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with those of other disciplines and other departments in the company participating in a project
- Markets the firm’s capabilities within the civil engineering specialty to establish new clients and enhance relationships with existing clients. Prepares proposals for potential projects
- Participates in the selection of design teams and sub-consultants and in the negotiations of fees and subcontractors
- Conducts constructability reviews or assists in the design/planning/review of other civil engineering projects not assigned to the incumbent
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies
- Resolves a variety of complex problems
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates
- Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site
- Supervises the work of technical support personnel assigned to the project
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of Texas or the ability to obtain licensure within six months of hire
- Minimum of ten years of progressive work experience within the civil engineering field
- Experience in building site design preferred
Structural Project Engineer
- Reports to and work is reviewed by a licensed structural engineer.
- Works on a team including a project manager (licensed PE), a Revit modeler, and possibly another project engineer.
- Works on a portfolio of projects (both large and small) from early concepts to the completion of construction.
- Prepares structural calculations, reports, and construction documents.
- Works closely with clients to develop a well-coordinated set of construction documents.
- Maintains positive client relations and markets the firm’s capabilities within the structural engineering field to establish new clients.
- Minimal travel is required to attend meetings, visit project sites, or other business-related functions as part of your job duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with the area of focus in structural engineering
- Ability to become certified as an EIT in the state of Texas within 6 months
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with supervisors, other staff, and clients
- Master’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering with the area of focus in structural engineering
- 2 to 3 years past experience in structural engineering as it relates to building design
- Experience with Revit
- Experience with RISA 3D and Ram Structural Systems
- EIT certification